Contents: Blue Color vs Red Color
Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color." Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of ocean and sky, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives. As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming. Indigo, a deeper blue symbolizes a mystical borderland of wisdom, self-mastery and spiritual realization. While blue is the color of communication with others, indigo turns the blue inward, to increase personal thought, profound insights, and instant understandings.
Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.
Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, ocean, sleep, twilight. It symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity & spirituality. It is often the chosen color by conservative people. It is the calming color that makes it a wonderful color to use in the home, especially for babies. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. A blue iris means your friendship is very important to me. Wednesday's color is blue. Blue gemstones to wear to feel calm are blue sapphire and blue topaz. The term blue may refer to any of a number of similar colours. The sensation of blue is evoked by light having a spectrum dominated by energy in the wavelength range of about 440–490 nm. Blue is considered to be one of the three primary additive colours in the RGB system; blue light has the shortest wavelength range of the three additive primary colours. The English language commonly uses "blue" to refer to any colour from navy blue to cyan.
Red is the warmest of all colors. It is the color chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. On the negative side red can mean temper or anger. In China, it is the color of prosperity and joy. Brides wear red and front doors are often painted red. It is Tuesday's color. Red roses symbolize passionate love. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand. It is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War. Red is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting predominantly of the longest wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye, in the wavelength range of roughly 625–750 nm. Longer wavelengths than this are called infrared, or below red and cannot be seen by human eyes.In human color psychology, red is associated with energy and blood, and emotions that stir the blood, including anger, passion, and love. Red is used as one of the additive primary colors of light, complementary to cyan, in RGB color systems. Red is also one of the subtractive primary colors of RYB color space but not CMYK color space.
edit How do they affect us?
- Calming and sedate
- Aids intuition
- Increases enthusiasm
- Stimulates energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat and pulse rate
- Encourages action and confidence
- A sense of protection from fears and anxiety
- Blue often denotes injury, since it is the colour of a bruise. It also denotes a sad or melancholy state, as in depression. Symbolically, blue is associated with that state, such as the term blue period to describe Pablo Picasso's work from 1901 to 1904.
- Blue is associated with water. Light blue is often associated with the cold. When with white, blue is associated with ice and snow; and by extension, winter.
- In Thailand, Blue is associated with Friday on the Thai solar calendar. Anyone may wear blue on Fridays and anyone born on a Friday may adopt blue as their colour.
- It is a colour used to symbolize honesty and trustworthiness. Blue traditionally is associated with the Christian virtue faith. In Japanese the word "aoi," meaning "blue," also indicates innocence & inexperience. The German word for blue is used for "drunk" eg. "Ich bin blau" - "I'm drunk".
- Red catches people's attention, and is often used to indicate danger or emergency.
- Red symbolizes heat and fire. Red is commonly the color of fire alarm boxes, fire extinguishers, and the firefighter profession itself.
- Red indicates extreme danger on Western color-coded scales. It also denotes the maximum level of danger and preparedness as in the phrases "condition red" and "red alert".
- Emergency exits on passenger aircraft and in general are indicated by red signs and lighting.
edit Blue Energy
- Blue gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to show perspective. This is a good way to understand the energy of the color blue - it allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward.
- It contains a cool vibration that is helpful to communication. The vibration if blue can be used to open energy flow where it is blocked. Using blue to relax will encourage feelings of communication and peace.
edit Red Energy
- Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger.
- Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival.
- It is also the color of passion and lust.
edit Chakra Associated with Blue
Blue is the color associated with the Throat Chakra. This chakra deals with communication of how we feel and what we think.
edit Chakra Associated with Red
Red is the color associated with the Root Chakra at the base of the spine. This chakra deals with life at the level of practicality. It is responsible for maintaining the body's heat and has a relationship with the circulatory system.
"Blue Color vs Red Color." Diffen.com. Diffen LLC, n.d. Web. 28 Aug 2014. < http://www.diffen.com/difference/Blue_Color_vs_Red_Color >